In the previous tutorial, you added all the Electronic Components into your design, and jointed them into place on the Layout Sketch.
In this tutorial, we
- Make some adjustments to the Layout Sketch, and
- Build a Front Cover component inside the design.
- Show some useful new techniques for inspecting and checking what we have built.
Feeling happy yet?
Step 1: Preparation
Before we start, we will make a copy of the design built in Tutorial #3 to work from.
This is not usually required, however it may be useful to keep the ‘test’ design there.
(If you want to make a wildly different Selfie Ring Light design, you could make a fresh copy rather than starting the design over from scratch)
You can also download a pre-made copy of SRL Test Mk1 here.
- Open Fusion 360.
- Show the Data Panel (by clicking on )
- Navigate to the Selfie Ring Light folder.
- Right-click on the ‘SRL Test mk1’ design you built earlier, and select ‘Copy‘.
- In the Copy To dialog, just click on the Copy button.
- Right-click on the new design that just appeared, and select ‘Rename‘.
- Rename the file to ‘SRL mk1’ (or some other name if you prefer)
- Double-click on the file to open.
- Hide the Data Panel.
And now to begin…