Step 3: Profile Sketch
Now we’ll build a sketch defining the outside shape of the back cover, projecting lines from the Layout sketch:
- Ensure the Back Cover component is activated.
(Click on the circle next to the component’s name in the Browser)
- Hide the ‘Front Cover’ component for now, it would get in the way.
(Click on its icon)
- Create a New Sketch on the front plane.
(Click on in the toolbar, then hover over the plane facing front and click on it)
- Check that this new sketch has appeared inside the Back Cover component.
Rename it to ‘Profile‘. (Click twice on the sketch and enter the new name)
- Find the Layout sketch in the top-level component, and make it visible.
(Expand ‘SRL mk1’ > Sketches and click on its icon)
- Project the Layout sketch’s outermost circle and the horizontal line into this sketch.
(Press p to select the project tool, click on the two sketch elements, then click on OK)
That’s it for this sketch! Project makes it simple.