Step 5: Tact Switch
5.1: Too Many Legs
The switch has four legs, but we only want two.
(Either side is fine, but do not choose a different combination)
- Bend the legs on one side outwards,
- Use the side cutters to snip off those legs.
Cut them as close to the surface as you can.
This helps the switch fit against the inside of the case.
This time we need both jaws of the helping hand.
- Place the switch in one of the helping hand jaws.
Keep the legs on the side facing up.
- Place the 8 cm (long) white wire in the other jaw.
Align the jaws so that the wire end rests on one of the switch legs.
(The closer together you place the jaws, the easier this part will be)
- Solder the white wire onto the switch leg.
(This can be a bit tricky. If you have trouble, try putting the jaws closer together)
- Repeat these steps for the remaining black wire end.
All of the components are attached, now where do these loose ends go…