Once you finish the standard design of the Selfie Ring Light, there’s a chance to customise it and make it your own. These Customisation tutorials introduce some simple ideas for customisation, to inspire your own creativity!
Although this tutorial is a follow-on from ‘Selfie Ring Light Customisation: Ears’, these tutorials do not need to be viewed in order. In this tutorial, I created a feature on the ‘Front Cover’ component of my Selfie Ring Light. I chose to give the SRL two front teeth! You could follow the same steps, or make something completely different.
Remember… Make it your own!
Step 1: Preparation
Firstly, I made a copy of my finished design to work from.
This is not required, however wanted to keep my finished design as it is, incase I was unhappy with the changes I made.
- Open Fusion 360.
- Show the Data Panel (by clicking on )
- Navigate to the Selfie Ring Light folder.
- Right-click on the completed SRL design, and select ‘Copy‘.
- In the Copy To dialog, click on the Copy button.
- Right-click on the new design that just appeared, and select ‘Rename‘.
- Rename the file to ‘SRL mod’ (or some other name if you prefer)
- Double-click on the file to open.
- Hide the Data Panel.
And now to begin…