Once you finish the standard design of the Selfie Ring Light, there’s a chance to customise it and make it your own.
These Customisation tutorials introduce some simple ideas for customisation, to inspire your own creativity!
In this tutorial, I created an exterior decoration that can be screwed onto the ‘Front Cover’ component of my Selfie Ring Light. You could follow the same steps, or make something completely different.
Remember… Make it your own!
Step 1: Preparation
Firstly, I made a copy of my finished design to work from.
This is not required, however wanted to keep my finished design as it is, incase I was unhappy with the changes I made.
- Open Fusion 360.
- Show the Data Panel (by clicking on )
- Navigate to the Selfie Ring Light folder.
- Right-click on the SRL design, and select ‘Copy‘.
- In the Copy To dialog, click on the Copy button.
- Right-click on the new design that just appeared, and select ‘Rename‘.
- Rename the file to ‘SRL mod’ (or some other name if you prefer)
- Double-click on the file to open.
- Hide the Data Panel.
And now to begin…