This is Tutorial #6 in the Selfie Ring Light Tutorial series.
If you have not yet completed the previous SRL tutorials, you can find them listed here.
(Seriously finish them first. You’ll be so confused)
In the previous tutorial, you built the back cover of the Selfie Ring Light, and finalised the layout and component placement.
In this tutorial, we finish all the remaining features of the design.
- Fix the front and back covers in place,
- Build a clip feature,
- Drill holes between the covers,
- Insert and fix screws in place.
This tutorial introduces the concept of multiple components within a design:
- Uploading an external file into Fusion 360.
- Inserting an existing component into a design.
- Creating a new, empty sub-component.
- Working inside a multi-component design.
This is Part 5 of the IKEA Mirror tutorial.
If you accidentally clicked and dragged any of the components while you were building the mirror, you would have seen something strange.
Without joints, components just fall apart!
If this happens to you, just Undo.
How do we fix this?